Are you considering hosting an online summit but aren’t sure where to start? Look no further! In this post, we’ll cover the seven essential steps for planning and executing a successful online summit.
Step 1: Start from the Desired End Result
The first step in planning your online summit is to start from the desired end result. This step helps you create a clear vision of what you want to achieve with your summit and sets the direction for the entire planning process.
By defining the desired end result, you can ensure that all other steps you take in the planning process are aligned with your goals and objectives. This approach will allow you to stay focused on your purpose, create a clear message and target audience, and ensure that all aspects of your summit are working towards your end goal.
- Define the desired end result for your online summit
- Create a clear vision and goals for your summit
- Ensure that all aspects of your summit are aligned with your desired outcomes
Step 2: Define Your Topic and Target Audience
The next step is to define your topic and target audience. Your topic should be something that your target audience is interested in and relevant to your desired end result.
Once you have defined your topic, you can then identify your target audience and tailor your messaging to speak directly to them. This step is critical in creating a clear message and ensuring that your summit resonates with your target audience.
- Choose a topic that is relevant to your desired end result
- Identify your target audience and tailor your messaging to them
- Ensure that your summit resonates with your target audience
Step 3: Choose Your Summit Format and Date
After you’ve defined your topic and target audience, it’s time to choose your summit format and date. There are several different summit formats to choose from, such as a single-day event, a multi-day event, or an evergreen summit.
You’ll also want to consider the date and time of your summit, as well as any potential scheduling conflicts for your target audience.
- Choose a summit format that best fits your topic and target audience
- Set a date and time for your summit that works best for your target audience
- Consider any potential scheduling conflicts and plan accordingly
Step 4: Plan and Invite Your Speakers
Your speakers are a critical component of your online summit, so it’s important to plan and invite them early in the process. You’ll want to identify speakers who are experts in your topic and can provide valuable insights and information to your audience. Once you’ve identified potential speakers, you can then create a list of invitees and reach out to them with your invitation.
- Identify potential speakers who are experts in your topic
- Create a list of invitees and reach out to them with your invitation
- Ensure that your speakers are aligned with your desired end result and target audience
Step 5: Plan out your summit revenue streams
The success of your summit is not only measured by the number of attendees, but also by the revenue generated. While registration for the online summit is free, there are several revenue streams that you can plan out to maximize your earnings.
Some potential revenue streams include:
- All access passes: Offer attendees the opportunity to purchase an all access pass that provides them with lifetime access to all summit sessions, bonus content, and other exclusive perks.
- Sponsorships: Partner with companies or individuals who are interested in sponsoring your summit. In exchange for their support, you can offer them various promotional opportunities such as logo placement, speaking slots, or social media mentions.
- Affiliate marketing: Partner with other businesses or individuals who will promote your summit in exchange for a commission on any all access pass sales they generate.
- Upsells: Offer attendees the opportunity to purchase additional products or services related to your summit topic. For example, if your summit is focused on social media marketing, you could offer a course or coaching package on the topic.
- Determine which revenue streams align with your desired end result and target audience.
- Decide on the pricing and structure of your all access passes.
- Create a sponsorship package and reach out to potential sponsors.
- Establish an affiliate program and find potential affiliates.
- Plan out any upsells you will offer and create the necessary sales pages and checkout processes.
Step 6: Develop Your Content and Summit Schedule
Now that you have your speakers and revenue streams in place, it’s time to develop your content and summit schedule. This step involves planning out the sessions and topics that will be covered during your summit, as well as creating any necessary materials such as slide decks or workbooks.
- Create an outline of the topics and sessions you will cover during your summit.
- Determine the length and format of each session (i.e. keynote, panel discussion, Q&A, etc.).
- Assign speakers to each session and work with them to create their presentations and materials.
- Create any necessary materials for attendees such as slide decks, workbooks, or handouts.
- Schedule the sessions and finalize the summit agenda.
Step 7: Set Up Your Summit Platform and Tech
The final step in planning your online summit is to set up your summit platform and tech. This involves selecting a platform to host your summit on, setting up registration and payment processing, and ensuring that all tech and equipment is in place for your speakers and attendees.
- Select a platform to host your summit on (such as Zoom, WebinarJam, or Crowdcast).
- Set up registration and payment processing (if applicable).
- Test all tech and equipment (including microphones, cameras, and internet connections) to ensure that everything is working properly.
- Conduct a practice run with all speakers to ensure that they are comfortable with the platform and tech.
- Create any necessary support materials for attendees such as instructions for accessing the summit platform or troubleshooting guides.
Planning and executing a successful online summit requires a lot of work and attention to detail, but the rewards can be significant.
By following these seven steps, you can create a summit that not only provides valuable content to attendees, but also generates revenue and establishes you as an authority in your field.
Remember, the key to success is to start with the end in mind, define your audience and topic, choose the right format and date, invite and confirm speakers, plan out your revenue streams, develop your content and summit schedule, and set up your summit platform and tech.
With a solid plan and a commitment to excellence, your online summit can be a powerful tool for growing your business and expanding your reach.
Are you ready to take the next step in launching your own successful online summit? Book a call with me today to learn more about how I can help you bring your vision to life.
Together, we’ll explore whether a summit is the right fit for your business goals, and I’ll share my expert insights and strategies to ensure your event is a resounding success. Don’t wait – book your call now and start planning for your most profitable summit yet!